Tripods and Ball Heads

nukie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
iced.vanillashots.com
For a project that I'm currently working on, I'm going to be buying a ball head for a tripod. Its not going on a tripod, but more so on a suction cup (more on this later).

Something like this is what I was going to get. It says on the page that the thread size is 3/8", which I've got no problem with.

But my only question is whether this is a stud with the thread cut on the outside, or a hole with a thread cut on the inside. Its going to change the style of the mount that i'm making for the ball head. So if anyone knows which way round these things normally are, I'd be very very much appreciative.

I'm not claiming to know this, but just assuming based on the pics of tripod heads and the pics of tripod legs. The legs appear to have the screw part, while the head would then have the nut part, for lack of proper terms.

Yes, the 3/8 is referring to the mounting stud on tripod and it’s mate on the head, this is Quick Release head, the camera mounts on the quick release plate, look under the Item Includes tab for the quick release plate that come with the head :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back