TRIPODS - which one?!

GimpyPoop

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Yo,
Okay, I already heard all the banter about what my boyfriend and his mom thinks are the best tripods. Unfortunately I do not have hundreds of dollars to spend.
Just a decent (sturdy and not completely made of plastic), fairly inexpensive tripod. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
Me, the Flea

look at a Tiltall 3-way pan.

it's the best tripod for it's value, very sturdy, will last you a long time. i still use mine.

sean

How much do you want to spend?

I would recommend a manfrotto 3001N legs with a bogen quick release ball head. A bogen 3 way head could be found for even less. I've had mine with no complaints. Very common and should be had used for a good price. Very high quality metal parts. Quite sturdy. Aluminum legs.

The 3001N legs have changed over the years mainly in the latching mechanism. Started with a screw type latch, to a 3/4 turn type latch, and IIRC now has a single action quick latch. All the versions seem to work well.

My best guess... 3001N legs under 100 ( BHphoto has it for about 90 ). Head for 32-100 bucks. You will be set for a long long time. BTW, the 3001N legs weight just a tad heavier than its carbon fibre brother for 1/4 the cost.

Yo,
Actually I've been eyeing the Manfrotto 3001 for a few weeks now.
I think I will visit a few camera stores to try out the various Manfrotto models before I actually buy one off B&H. I am honestly near broke, but I really really really want a tripod. My shaky hands are not cutting it.
I'll do some researching on the Tiltall.
Thanks for the suggestion! :)
Me, the Flea

Most reactions

New Topics

Back