Triptych Self Portrait

Private Joker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everybody. I found some inspiration in a friend's use of the triptych technique not long ago, and I thought I'd try to apply the same idea to a self portrait. Comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

4706888014_3dab04fbcf_b.jpg

It's A Fact on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I love the idea. I think you need some more work with cropping and positioning to get it to flow better though.

Hi,

That's a pretty funky style. I wonder would it be better to measure the distance from the camera to the subject so it's the same in all photographs, and couple this with the same focal length? The subject would appear the same size in all, so the blending from one photograph to the next would be good and you'd not have the stretched out affect you have here, although you might loose some of the impact from this particular style if it was too perfect.

Steve

Hi,

That's a pretty funky style. I wonder would it be better to measure the distance from the camera to the subject so it's the same in all photographs, and couple this with the same focal length? The subject would appear the same size in all, so the blending from one photograph to the next would be good and you'd not have the stretched out affect you have here, although you might loose some of the impact from this particular style if it was too perfect.

Steve

Hey Steve.

Yeah, I definitely thought about measuring the distance, but I did this all by myself and I figured I could just try to eyeball my size in the frame. In the end though, I'm not too worried about it being perfect because I think the inconsistencies add something valuable to the photograph. I did try to create a line that connect the three pictures, from my shoulder (top photo) to the fretboard, from the body of the guitar to the hand with which I am holding the bike.

Thanks for the comment!

Hey, kind of neat! The different body sizes are okay.

Yeah, that is kinda cool.

I would not worry about the scale of each picture matching up.

If that was what you were going for, you could just make it all out of one picture.

I would even take it a step further and wear different clothes in each of them.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back