Reaction score
Website
www.outsidetherainbow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am trying to save a NEF image as JPG, and every time I do, it says

"Could not save file
Access to file denied"

And I have to hit okay. It saves fine as a NEF file, but wont convert to JPG. It also now says it has a 37.6MB temporary Cache attatched to the file. I dont know that this means, so I dont know what to do. Any ideas?

Mark

I am trying to save a NEF image as JPG, and every time I do, it says

"Could not save file
Access to file denied"

And I have to hit okay. It saves fine as a NEF file, but wont convert to JPG. It also now says it has a 37.6MB temporary Cache attatched to the file. I dont know that this means, so I dont know what to do. Any ideas?

Mark

Was the file locked by accident on your camera? If so, I wonder if that has anything to do with it. It should show a little lock symbol in the browser if so.

I have a file that accidentally got locked on my D90 Saturday. I don't know how it got locked, and am not even sure how to unlock it now that it's on my computer.

Not sure, but I'm using the trial version and if you put in color control points then try to convert with ViewNX it won't let you. Maybe that's got somethign to do with it.

Not sure, but I'm using the trial version and if you put in color control points then try to convert with ViewNX it won't let you. Maybe that's got somethign to do with it.

Yeah, if you do any editing in Capture NX, then you can no longer convert it in View NX. Maybe he can clarify, but I was thinking he having this trouble in Capture NX.

I converted to B&W and used a control point for the brightness, contrast, and saturation. I did all this in Capture NX2, but I did all this with a previous photo shown here:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/photography-beginners-forum-photo-gallery/167779-my-peep-c-c.html
so I dont think thats it. With that photo, I just edited it and after doing so, instead of saving as NEF, I just saved as JPG straight off of Capture NX2. I never used View. I tried doing that with this particular one, and it didnt work. I still cant figure it out.

Mark

Most reactions

Back