Trouble with Photomatix

GwagDesigns

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gwagdesigns.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, i use two programs, Photomatix, and Dynamic Photo HDR, i highly prefer Dynamic Photo since every time i try and use Photomatix it seems as its way to noisy, not the ultra contrast shots i keep seeing, or im just not in the know about how to use it, heres a shot of both, and the two shots are of both right as i go into tone map, no edits thus far, but photomatix is already looking like crap, help?

hdrtest.jpg

I wouldnt say its looking like crap.. You just have to tweak it to get what you want.

What do you want your end product to look like?

correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the point of HDR or tone mapping to get as much of the image exposed correctly and visible as possible.

Based on this i'd say the dynamic photo HDR looks like crap (to use your term) as all of the shadows are way to underexposed and you're losing detail.

I've used photomatix for a couple of HDR images and all i'll say is that if you tweak the output from that you can get some lovely images. But it's rarely a rubbish result that it produces.

its just that the starting images look so different, i can always seem to get better results out of dynamic than photomatix,

Like this shot, edited in dynamic photo hdr

270798646_2XgJH-L.jpg

I would lovew to get shots like this,

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/638916

but i guess thats kinds based on your starting exposures.

Here is my car in HDR from photomatix. I think it does fine

CarHDR.jpg

When your viewing the tone mapped image in photomatix it will ahve a decent amount of noise however when you save that file and bring it to photoshop the niose reduces greatly. Also you cannot just run exposure thruogh photomatix and take that as the end result. you're giong to have to bring the image to photoshop and tweak it for the best result. Straight out of Photomatix images lack contrast and sharpness.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back