True Love

I really like it too. I'm sure someone will hate it, lol.

I love that he's pretty much at peace with the world, because pizza. That the pizza radiates from his head only adds to the effect.

While I love pizza also, I think that the picture doesn't fulfill the idea well.
The boy is faded out, the pizza has more contrast.
Why B&W?

Good (funny) idea but needs better execution.

Thanks, I see what you mean.

It's what I had in the camera at the time. I remember taking one or two pictures on my digital camera at the same time (this was a few months ago), but they must not have came out good (I didn't upload them to Flickr, so I must have thought they sucked, haha).

I thought the entire concept here was that the boy was light, and faded, and DREAM-LIKE, and the pizza was what he was dreaming about, so the pizza was slightly darker, yet still light, ethereal, and dreamy.

I mean, the whole idea that the kid needs to be Ansel Adams-ized to a perfect, full-scale tonal representation, and that everything in the picture needs the same degree of contrast seems so arbitrary and utterly wrong for this shot, hence my initial reaction, a simple, "I LOVE this!!!!!". Not a comment filled with niggles. Not qualified with a"but" or an "or" nor any other nits or reservations." Just a simple,emphatic, declarative, "I LOVE this!!!!!" I even understood , "Why the B&W".

Why the B&W? Seriously???? One doesn't get the most-basic origin of the image, specifically that the image was shot on B&W film, then proceeds to offer advice about the image?

NOT to mention, this is posted in "The Black & White Gallery."

Ha - don't be too harsh, Derrel. Everything has room for improvement. If I had time to really set something up for this, I think it could be improved a lot. For something I took while waiting for a pizza with no equipment but a small camera I don't think it's bad though.

Of course there are things that I think could be better, but...

My take. A circle of love where it does not matter which is more contrasty or not. The circle of little man's head, the tomato, the pepperoni, the pizza, his eyes, his notrils. A big circle of love....works for me.

But, examples of a different take would be great.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back