Try at Baby Portraits C&C Please

Fatback

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did this for a friend as a birthday gift(although I would of done it anyway). She knows that I don't have any gear, only my camera and the kit lens. She didn't want anything amazing just something that she can look at 10 years from now. I did use my internal flash, which I absolutely hate doing. Just wanted to see what you guys think of them. The mother liked them so I guess that's all that really matters.

All where shot at S1/60, F8, ISO 100

4877181822_988349f6fb_b.jpg

4877183838_b5ddd3ecbf_b.jpg

4876576303_560ee72b09_b.jpg

4876578217_6c35bbb26f_b.jpg

The mother liked them so I guess that's all that really matters.

No. These will be around quite a while... representing you... your work.

I think you were on the right track with the first view. The rest are "out of key." You placed a light, bright subject into a black scene. It's not harmonious. Even yellow would have been better... keying the clothing with the background. This would help the eye settle on your subject.

-Pete

No. These will be around quite a while... representing you... your work.

I think you were on the right track with the first view. The rest are "out of key." You placed a light, bright subject into a black scene. It's not harmonious. Even yellow would have been better... keying the clothing with the background. This would help the eye settle on your subject.

-Pete

That would only be if I was to include them as examples of my work, which I most likely wouldn't do. I usually don't do stuff like this, I'm more of a insect, and Landscape shooter. I only did this because I was asked.

I somewhat I agree with you the background. I was wanting to go with a light color like white, or pink. I let her mother chose the background.

That would only be if I was to include them as examples of my work, ...

Not to be argumentative... just trying to understand; Won't the mother have prints of these?... for the rest of her life?

-Pete

Yea I know what you are getting at. I don't mean to come off as a jerk or something. I'm not a pro, and I don't really have plans to be anytime soon. I'm sure if that time ever comes I'll have some better examples for my future portfolio.

I don't mean to come off as a jerk or something.

Oh, no. I was afraid I might be the one sounding jerky, belaboring the point. I was just pointing out that more people will see our delivered work than what's in our portfolios. You know... the ol' "word of mouth." We can always update or displays but we can't go into the homes of our clients and repossess what we've done in the past. Once it's out there, it's there to stay.

-Pete

I don't mean to come off as a jerk or something.

Oh, no. I was afraid I might be the one sounding jerky, belaboring the point. I was just pointing out that more people will see our delivered work than what's in our portfolios. You know... the ol' "word of mouth." We can always update or displays but we can't go into the homes of our clients and repossess what we've done in the past. Once it's out there, it's there to stay.

-Pete

Yea very true, and great point. Thanks for the advice:thumbup:

Means nothing! A mother would like them even if they were green.:mrgreen:

:lmao:

i think the positioning of the baby is better in the first 2. the second 2 don't do it for me, seems like i am looking at their lower half and not getting to see enough of the face.

I like the first two as well. If you are going to do another baby shoot, I would try to plan better ways to pose the baby. Using different pillows, books, and posing tools make it much easier to support the baby. Considering you don't do this often, I imagine you don't have many posing tools. One thing I like to do in that situation is use the mother to pose the baby. You can throw the background over her (assuming you arn't using paper) and use her to put the baby in more natural looking positions.

Good work. Branching out into unknown areas is always a good thing :)

Most reactions

Back