Try this one on for size

BoblyBill

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have this great picture (IMHO) that I, just for fun, wanted to add a rose growing out of the tracks. I have the rose that I want added... I have tried it myself but I can't get the lighting right (and I'm to cheap to go buy the bush part of the rose on a stock photo place, cause I only have pictures up close of the rose). Is there a way that you could send me the PSD file so that I could look at how you did it? That would be great.

52dd07a09d425c4c7d9a0e0d2cd61233.jpg

f03ac2c7f572974ae08aebb44500bd20.jpg

Well, I would be up for giving it a try, but you might want to be a little bit more specific. Where on the tracks? What look are you going for? Also, it is pretty hard to put one image into the other and fine tune it to look 'real' with extremely small images, so that might be why no one has actually posted their attempts :).

BoblyBill said:
Is this one too hard or just not interesting enough?

It's interesting enough! Only just now had a chance to look in my collection for a rose stem--only found a poor sample taken in dark shade making the lighting hard to deal with--in an act of laziness, I used layer an inner-bevel to make the highlights on the leaves. It would work better with a rose stem shot on a bright cloudy day (it's nighttime here at the moment)

Anyway, here it is.

Bart

original.jpg

It's interesting enough! Only just now had a chance to look in my collection for a rose stem--only found a poor sample taken in dark shade making the lighting hard to deal with--in an act of laziness, I used layer an inner-bevel to make the highlights on the leaves. It would work better with a rose stem shot on a bright cloudy day (it's nighttime here at the moment)

Anyway, here it is.

Bart

I like it but I'm thinking that the rose is a little big... those railroad tracks are a good six feet across... I think that is you put that one in the background into were that one is... that it would be a better scale.

Well, I would be up for giving it a try, but you might want to be a little bit more specific. Where on the tracks? What look are you going for? Also, it is pretty hard to put one image into the other and fine tune it to look 'real' with extremely small images, so that might be why no one has actually posted their attempts :).

and if it was a little farther right... but other than that... that is far better than what I could do with the image.

BoblyBill said:
I like it but I'm thinking that the rose is a little big... those railroad tracks are a good six feet across... I think that is you put that one in the background into were that one is... that it would be a better scale.

and if it was a little farther right... but other than that... that is far better than what I could do with the image.

Thanks. You're right about scale. I wasn't concentrating too hard to scale--mostly just making colors look right. (6' is pretty wide although I'm sure it exists--I think typical U.S. gauges are closer to about 4 1/2 or 5 feet).

Bart

Most reactions

Back