Trying out manual focus - -

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Trying out manual focus on my S5 IS is a ***** since you have to hold down the MF button as you try & manipulate the up/down arrows. My wifes pocket A 570 IS is so much easier as you just set it in MF mode & focus away without holding any button. Here is a pic of dill using the MF on my camera.

dill.jpg

Better than I could do. I can never tell if something is focused correctly on a screen as small as a camera's, which sucks because autofocus doesn't really work that well trying to get macros of a spider on a web.

Better than I could do. I can never tell if something is focused correctly on a screen as small as a camera's, which sucks because autofocus doesn't really work that well trying to get macros of a spider on a web.

How true Brutus. Auto focus would have looked right through the dainty dill leaves just like you spiders web.

Too bad my camera is not more user friendly in this regard.

That very MF issue is why my mother got that camera for X-mas last year, and I got my 40D. It is however sharp, and the super macro was pretty fun! Good job without the ring Ron.

-Shea

"Wow! I can't believe this shot was taken with a point and shoot camera"!

Sorry Ron. I just couldn't help myself. All jokes aside, I believe you did a very nice job here. Nice bokehed background. As for being focused, I think you pretty much nailed it.

Incredible,it's very good

Most reactions

New Topics

Back