Trying out the new camera (first time posting a picture)

timberdoodle528

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got my first DSLR this week, a Nikon D3200. I have been reading and watching tutorials - wow, there is a TON to learn! I am shooting a lot in the Aperture Mode, just trying to experiment and learn in the backyard... I'm sure there are some things that could be better - and I'm open to suggestions!

$rose.jpg

Welcome yo shooting with your DSLR! i hope you enjoy it as much as i enjoy it!

I like the subject a lot. My personal preference would be to have I slightly more to the left so its facing into the picture. I also think using photoshop to take out the top of the black bar above the birdhouse would help (a lot of people here seem to be photoshop expers, but I'm just starting to do some of that touch-up work myself, and I think it helps the photos a lot).

anyway, welcome! And I look forward to more posts from you.

kevin

Sometimes the most obvious things elude me... Yes, that black post behind the bird house has to go! I will have to familiarize myself with my photoshop software. (embarrassingly enough, I've had it for years and never used it) I used photobucket's editing tools on this picture.

Welcome to the forum. I like your birdhouse and I really like your rose. My wife grows roses and I devote considerable time to photographing them.

Otherwise I'm one of those Photoshop experts jedirunner mentioned. As soon as you're ready, move on from the editor at Photobucket -- it's not your friend. There's folks here who can help you learn to use better software. You mention that you have some version of Photoshop. Let us know specifically what you have.

I made some changes to your photo for you to see. It had a cyan color cast that I removed. I also took out that pole jedirunner suggested removing (good suggestion) and I did what I could to add some color to the sky.

Joe

$red_rose.jpg

Thank you Joe. It looks better. The software I have is photoshop elements 9. Is that decent software for a "backyard beginner" ?

Thank you Joe. It looks better. The software I have is photoshop elements 9. Is that decent software for a "backyard beginner" ?

Yes -- Elements 9 is good software and much better than the online editors. There's lots of folks here who will help you learn to use it.

Joe

Sometimes the most obvious things elude me... Yes, that black post behind the bird house has to go! I will have to familiarize myself with my photoshop software. (embarrassingly enough, I've had it for years and never used it) I used photobucket's editing tools on this picture.

I had photoshop for a few years before actually doing anything with actual photos. Also had lightroom for a *long* time before doing anything with it. Finally starting to see the difference they can make, and learning them step by step. Good luck with it!

Kevin

Most reactions

Back