trying out the new D70s

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Had some time this afternoon to go out and mess around with the new cam, we had horrible light, but I made the best of it.

websz0175.jpg

websz0176.jpg

websz0177.jpg

websz0178.jpg

websz0179.jpg

websz0180.jpg

7 Lots of flight shots to be had at LaSalle Airic, Chiller, Bill and Canoncan, we just need some light... Ken Newcombe was here all PM today, hundreds of ducks warming up for their flights north.
websz0181.jpg

thanks for looking..

3,4 and 6 for me, great series raymond, that camera looks like it will work real good for you :thumbup:

Nice shots of the Mergansers. Good to see you were not without a camera for long. When is that new lens coming??? ;) Hey, I thought you were going to get a D-50?

Eric

i'm obviously doing something wrong...my D70s give me nothing compared to these Ray.

wonderful series! :thumbup:

You take some of the best I've seen! When does the book come out?

AIRIC said:
Nice shots of the Mergansers. Good to see you were not without a camera for long. When is that new lens coming??? ;) Hey, I thought you were going to get a D-50?

Eric

thanks bud.. I was going to get a D50, but for 225$$ more, I can share memory cards, and batterys within the D70's., plus the flash sync is 1/500 sec,. and that will come in handy some day when I get set up with a Better Beamer. Over all it is a lot better camera then the D50 I think.

the 200-400 VR S lens is about 6 grand.. not gonna happen for a while!

I think I would get a Sigmonster first.. but still, 6,000 bucks for that one too.

tgates said:
Nice shots. I just got a D70S also....what lense did you use for those pictures?

I won't be removing the 80-400 off this new d70s for a while! I don't really see much difference between the D70, and the D70s though.. larger monitor, that's about it.

Thanks everyone..

JonMikal said:
i'm obviously doing something wrong...my D70s give me nothing compared to these Ray.

wonderful series! :thumbup:

Thanks JM.. come up here in early May.. the migration at Point Pelee is an amazing thing to see from what I hear.. You can view, and easily shoot 25 different types of Warblers in one day, and from what I hear, they are very approachable.

Ray,

Great series, 2,1,3 in that order, best shots for me.

Bill

I am not envious - I am not envious - I am not envious - I am not envious - I am not envious ...

I need this mantra in order to look at these photos.
Bad lighting conditions, and then when you "try to make the best of it", you get this result. I am sooooooooooooooooo in awe. But soooooooooo much!!!

I am not envious - I am not envious - I am not envious - I am not envious - I am not envious ...

And you even get visited by tame squirrels who let you take your self-portrait in their eyes. It is sooo wow-y! But:

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back