trying to capture hussle and bussle....

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went out the other night to take some night shots......we have a downtown movie theatre, and I wanted to get the hustle and bustle image. without a lot of people it seemed impossible to do, here are some examples....most of the time it seemed as though the people just disappeared if they weren't standing still.....any advice on how to do this better?

these were my settings
ISO 100
shutter : 6 sec
Aperture : f/22
EXP -/+ : -1.0

Picture015-2.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Well, all you could do at night and with long exposures PLUS hussle and bussle would be to force everyone to freeze in their movements until your camera is done. As soon as you expose for longer and there are people moving, you will get blur ... up to the effect that no one seems to be there at all, or the place was at most haunted by ghosts. Which I think is part of the fun of long exposures :D.

Before I got set up there were lots of folks standing in line. I think that would have helped, but that many people never got in line again while I was there.....Oh well, Maybe next time...

The theater on Gay St. I havent ever seen it lit up. Looks like they have really fixed it up since I last saw it. I used to live in Sevierville on Waldens Creek.

Most reactions

Back