Trying to date a Gundlach Radar lens

TheRealRed

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all, I'm new to the forum and hope to find some help identifying an old lens. I have an old Gundlach radar lens with a serial number of 208556, mounted in a Wollensak Betax 5 shutter. Can anyone give me some idea of how to date this combination?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

One does not simply "date" a Grundlach Radar!! One must instead court it. Romance it. Write it poetry, and bring it lens cleaning cloths from the finest makers (Hama, Pentax, Edmund Scientific) and ply it with fine, imported cleaning solutions (in moderation of course!). You don't just "date" such a fine, stately beauty! Romance it!

One does not simply "date" a Grundlach Radar!! One must instead court it. Romance it. Write it poetry, and bring it lens cleaning cloths from the finest makers (Hama, Pentax, Edmund Scientific) and ply it with fine, imported cleaning solutions (in moderation of course!). You don't just "date" such a fine, stately beauty! Romance it!

:lmao: I came to this thread just to write something similar to this, but you beat me to it Derrel.

Sorry, OP. I have nothing useful to add.

Derrel, sounds like you courted a Gundlach before?

Yes, but she left me for a young, rich Wide Field Ektar with a removable rear element group..he had his own super-bad crib, a huge condo downtown overlooking the river...filled with Schneider & Linhof stuff...I got over it.

My lens board was just fine thank you...but I had a leaky bellows...

Have for sale:
a GundlachRadar lens, serial #208556, EQ. 12" 304.8 mm. mounted on Wollensak U.S.A.Betax No. 5 shutter. Any reasonable offer will be considered. You can contact me directly at [email protected]

Most reactions

New Topics

Back