Trying to decide on a shirt...

DGMPhotography

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to get a branded shirt that I wear for events/weddings, but I can't decide what style. And I'm not totally set on the logo placement either.

Thoughts welcome!

Shirt Comparisons.jpg

definitely go polo.

you might want to look into a more formal option like a button shirt for venues that require formal attire for weddings. we ran into a few like that, even here in Florida where casual is king. some even required me to wear a tie/jacket and the wife an evening gown or pantsuit.
the t-shirt option will make you look like a bouncer.

if you have seen any pics of @Vtec44 when hes on the job, you will know exactly how well to dress.

I've met photographers who pull off the t-shirt thing well, even at weddings, but I am leaning towards the polo. Most events don't seem to require any more than a polo for me, but if so, I'll probably just wear a plain button-up.

Another question is do I go with embroidered logo, or printed?

I've met photographers who pull off the t-shirt thing well, even at weddings, but I am leaning towards the polo. Most events don't seem to require any more than a polo for me, but if so, I'll probably just wear a plain button-up.

embroidered.
definitely embroidered.

DONT do the t-shirt its says low class. A polo can easily be worn to any event where a t shirt is acceptable but it does not always work the other way around.

And loose the huge text on the back. You will be holding a camera do I really need huge text saying photography top tell me you are the photographer. And nobody is going to remember the name on the shirt to look you up anyway. Just keep some business cards in your pocket for when people ask.

I would say get a polo and a dress shirt. Different events require different attire.

well, people can do whatever they want, but I NEVER wore a t-shirt when shooting a wedding...or any other client related event for that matter.
you want to look professional, even if your shooting something casual. go with a left or right side chest logo and thats it.
always better to be a bit overdressed when your the professional.

embroidered logos will look more professional than screen printed or HTV logos, and it will last longer.
so....
my advice is not to go any more casual than a polo, logo ONLY front left or right chest, and embroidered.
also look into more formal button shirts, logo same place, embroidered as well.

thats my advice.

I appreciate the advice!

Can I ask why logo on the back isn't desired?

I'd get a wife beater. Jk

Last edited:
Hm, interesting. And how do you feel about the short sleeve button up?

This is my friend who does the t-shirts at weddings.

But maybe it works for her since she's a woman?

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 7.46.30 PM.jpg

I've met photographers who pull off the t-shirt thing well, even at weddings

No...just no.
Unless you’re Joe Buissink...and then that’s just cuz he’s Joe Buissink.
No....T-shirts at wedding.. = NO.

I appreciate the advice!

Can I ask why logo on the back isn't desired?
It makes you look like less of a professional and more like a billboard

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

The waiter...I mean photographer at my brother’s wedding wore a bright red polo neck with his logo emblazoned on the back.

My GF kept referring to him as looking like he didn’t belong in someplace that elegant...and stuck out like a sore thumb in guests’ photographs.

It made him look like a waiter in a cheap casual joint.

This is my friend who does the t-shirts at weddings.

But maybe it works for her since she's a woman?

View attachment 148976
So go with a t shirt man...it's your deal. We have given you our opinions. Maybe it does work for her, but would YOU want a giant billboard running around at your wedding? Or something a little nicer looking?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back