trying to go professional is harder then i thought...

To be fair, the OP was accused of a crime first, and only called people trolls in response to that. Ideally we'd all just smile benignly when other people accused us of being a criminal but we're not all saints.

I just said it sounded unethical, and I stand by that. But the attitude says a lot...

Last edited:
If you're posting your photos online it would be beneficial to read the Terms & Conditions of websites you are currently using or intend to use. The Terms might state that when you sign up to use the site, you're automatically agreeing to their Terms.

Terms seem to often include something to the effect that you own your photos - but..... the rest of what's stated may include allowing the site unlimited, uncompensated usage, and might include usage by third parties. You'd need to read what you're allowing because not only does stealing photos online seem to be rampant but you might be allowing the site to use your photos without your permission or knowledge or any compensation.

If reblogging or reposting is allowed and you've agreed to that, it doesn't seem like your photos would still be under your control. I know a couple of photographers in my area who post select photos only online to display and then provide links to their own websites. Using a site where you can post and sell photos might be an option (as Overread mentioned as #5 in his post).

To do professional work in photography I'd think too about what you post on message boards; you seemed to be doing a little name dropping of sorts and that might be more than what a client would want to have posted online about work you've done for them. For example a client may want the photos to go public on a specific time frame so you wouldn't want to be sharing that info. or the photos online prior to an intended release date.

ASMP has information that could be helpful in going into business as a photographer. They also have had info. on their site recently regarding the latest changes to TOS on Facebook that were supposed to go into effect this week.

There was more discussion on the definition of fraud then there was accusations really. A choice of words is going to get a choice of responses. Op says he's well connected with friends and nobody would have questioned it. When he says I got a Bently from the shoot I'm sneaky like that it gives the impression that something shady went on.

But note that so far, just your's and 2 other post in the thread don't have all the appropriate capital letters.
There should be no apostrophe in the word "yours".

Go back to school and learn to write correctly if you're going to criticize others for their spelling and grammar mistakes. "People in glass houses", and all that.

But note that so far, just your's and 2 other post in the thread don't have all the appropriate capital letters.
Fixed. Thank you for pointing out my mistake.

You may have noticed in some of my other posts, I have edited the post on a later date after I noticed I had made some kind of grammar, spelling, or typographical error.

Last edited:
Fixed. Thank you for pointing out my mistake.

You may have noticed in some of my other posts, I have edited the post on a later date after I noticed I had made some kind of grammar, spelling, or typographical error
Like forgetting to put a period at the end of a sentence?

To be fair, the OP was accused of a crime first, and only called people trolls in response to that. Ideally we'd all just smile benignly when other people accused us of being a criminal but we're not all saints.

In my comment, I was not assuming any CRIMINAL intent, only pointing out the fraud.

BTW: I see where you write that his boss knew about the deception, but I missed that part.

To save people the effort of back-clicking to the post in question:

"The video linked bellow is actually one that paid for most of my gear. My old boss Edward Martinez had a $65K budget, and i was his assistant at the time. I ended up getting the picture car in the opening scene (1952 Bentley w/ suicide doors), for free from my friends father, and i put down $2.5K for the budget and i kept it as well as the salary i was already being paid, lol yea, I can be sneaky."

I still don't see anywhere that he even implied that Mr. Martinez actually knew about the transaction and how much it actually cost the OP.
( free ) If fact, the tone of the post was; the budget was so fat that Ed Martinez didn't miss the $2.5K. LOL!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back