Trying to make the colours more interesting

ahelg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've edited this picture of a car in photoshop in an attempt at making the colours more interesting, but I don't really feel like I've done to well. Any recommendations? I used curves to get what I've got. Did I go to far?

Original;
SNB10175.JPG

Edited;
SNB10175_photoshop.jpg

[NOTE] Sorry their not the same size.

Frankly, I like the first one. The second one seems too redish.

BTW At age 14, I learned to drive while in Tripoli in a Morris Minor....1953.

Contrast boost is a good start. You could also play with color balance and saturation. If you add about +40 blue using "color balance" to the second image, it deepens the truck's color and pulls some of the yellow out of the grill, making it more white. If it's too strong, try it with a less drastic contrast curve.

I agree with the last post. It also often works to do a Hue/Saturation/Brightness layer and raise the saturation of the specific colors that you want to stand out more.

Try layering it with a B&W on top and then decreasing the opacity of the B&W layer until a slight color version shows through. I will try if you don't mind. What do you think? If you want the steps I used I will post them. I feel the subdue color look is kind of the in thing right now.
Cosmo
SNB10175a.jpg

OK, I took a stab at it and I like the contrast in the 2nd one.

So, i took the blue channel, converted it to grayscale, put a quadtone on it, added a little grain for texture, a tiny vignette, and sharpened it. Than I added a border to give it a finished look.

SNB10175.jpg

Most reactions

Back