I am the Lord thy Mod
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so..I have noticed that flashes have come up pretty frequently lately, and more specifically in a few cases, TTL -vs- manual flashes.
since I have been looking at getting a few new flashes myself recently, I would like a few opinions.
I have a few SB600's and sb700's now, and honestly, the menu system on the sb600's is DISMAL. :grumpy:
the sb700's have a MUCH better menu system, and can act as a commander. I really want to replace some of my sb600's with something a little bigger, and with a better menu interface.

I had originally been thinking of just getting sb700's since i have been using Nikons CLS for 2-3 off camera flashes...but their "line of sight" triggering is not always the most reliable so I am thinking i am just going to get a few radio triggers.
so this begs the question...If i am just going to get radio triggers anyway, what is a good third party flash at least equal to the sb700's?

I want flashes that have TTL, so obviously i cant go the super cheap route. I have been looking at yongnuo 568-EX's. they have TTL and are half what the sb700's are new. I hear yongnuo's praised pretty often here, so i figured they might be worth trying out.
are the 568EX's the only YN's that have TTL? And, do the yongnuo radio triggers support TTL?

Nikon's i-TTL is quite a bit more sophisticated, mainly because of CLS, than Canon's e-TTL, which makes i-TTL quite a bit more difficult to reverse engineer.

I need a back up flash for my Nikon D7100. I'll be using it for weddings. I hate to spend the big bucks for another Nikon flash. This back up will be just for emergencies and double lighting. Any suggestions for a good non-Nikon flash around $200 or so?

Most reactions

Back