Tulip, Wine Bottle, Leaning

rufus5150

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.toddmckimmey.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Due to circumstances out of my control, I had to take a break from my usual weekend flower photos. By the time I got around to a chance to shoot, the tulips I'd purchased had all decided that pointing down would be better. After dinner with a friend who has also taken an interest in photography, we set up my studio gear just so he could see what was involved. In general I don't shoot the flowers against the backdrops I use for portraits, but we had it set up and I didn't feel like getting out the black velvet.

Okay, if you're still reading... thanks! Anyway, I don't think this is up to the level of my other shots, but I like the way this one turned out. I think it has a contrasting structured feel but with a bit of whimsy thrown in. What more can you ask from a tulip? Thanks for looking!

tulip1.jpg

I like the background very much.
I like the flower very much
I like the bottle very much.
But i dont think they all fit together. just my opinion, you would know better though since you ar eon your way to being "the flower guy"

Great pic :) I think it works really well, people often use bottles as vases for flowers.

Wow. I really love this shot. Very creative, i've never seen anything like it before. It definitely got my attention!! Good work!

:thumbup::thumbup:

I like it.

All -- thank you for the kind words.

I like the background very much.
I like the flower very much
I like the bottle very much.
But i dont think they all fit together. just my opinion, you would know better though since you ar eon your way to being "the flower guy"

Thanks, timethief. I like the way it turned out, but I agree this is probably putting a few too many disparate elements together and the mishmash is tentative at best. It's like a school photo for a drunken tulip. So I think it may have not hit the mark artistically, but I think the technical elements are closer to solid.

i've never seen anything like it before.

Have you seen the rest of my posts? :)

Most reactions

Back