Tulips

lomo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Opinions...c&c wanted :)

2274069884_38a325f11f.jpg

I can't say much but I really like the colors and the focus/softness of it.

I love the softness but i wish there was more color

The foremost blossom (lower righthand corner) takes the focus, but large parts of that blossom are quite dark (and even went darker with the partial desaturation, maybe?), which I think does not do the concept much good. That one should show its being sharp and in focus all over, so I think. I'm also struggling with the amount of empty space in the upper left, I wonder what it is there for ... and the amount of room there but limited focus on the ONE blossom squeezed into the opposite corner makes me feel something about composition is not yet at its best... but that is subjective, like anything.

(Mind you, I am not all sure I like the partial desaturation, either).

I like this, a lot. You broke the mold by focusing the tulip in the lower right, and then broke the mold again with desaturation, and then broke the mold again with dark flowers...excellent. This is the sort of flower shot I love to see, it's the flower shot you haven't seen before, I love it. This is a really dreary take on something often associated with bright and happy and I adore it. Great work. Seriously.

Wow thank your for the high praise there Trenton Romulox. I'm glad you got the point of what I was trying to do with this one. I do get very bored of the perfectly shot and technically correct flower photos you see so often. I quite often find them uninspiring, and forgettable. I'm only just starting to get into flower photography and I am enjoying it a great deal. Its definitely my new thing for 2008.

I can do happy flowers too though, haha.

DSC_6124.jpg

2188643141_a3bccd0af8.jpg

Any help with this one would be appreciated too. I am totally at a loss on whether I like it or not.
2283054946_3659a2c0f1.jpg

And my girlfriend said this one is too "muddy" whatever that means...what do you think.
2282265381_d2802e30dc.jpg

Nice work, lomo. I like them all. :thumbup::thumbup:

For me the first photo would benefit from a little off the top and left side. I wouldn't say the second to last photo is 'muddy' but the color and exposure is a little odd. The actual flowers are a little too dark in that picture, IMHO.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back