Tumblr Blog?

Meeskephoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone, I was just wandering what everyone thought of of using Tumblr as a photography blog? I have been using it for a couple of months since I've been into photography and I have really enjoyed it. There seems to be a strong community of upcoming photographers and enthusiasts who support each other. If anyone does have a tumblr we should support each other, post your blog and I'll give you a follow.

My Blog: Meeskephoto.tumblr.com (I'm still learning so take it easy on me) :)

Seems okay. Your family/around the house images hold the most interest for me. One thing you are doing repeatedly, and which MOST beginners do is you are leaving way too much top space, and are framing your horizontals with the people "riding low" in the frame. On the shots of your mom and sisters (?) for example...too much top space, people pulled low in the frame.

The great thing is the 50/1.4 Canon EF is a fine,fine 50mm prime, capable of very good images. A fixed length lens tends to help the user quickly narrow the scene down to its basic elements, and it teaches the user EXACTLY WHERE he needs to stand in order to get the pictures he wants to get.

I haven't tried Tumblr yet, but it looks like it may be promising. I use Blogger/Blogspot for mine, and I like it so far. I like the photo with your cat half hiding behind something. Quite the eye color.

Thanks for the input guys. VERY APPRECIATED. To be honest that is the first real input I've gotten from another photographer, Derrel. I'll work on that top space. I do love my 50mm prime lens it limits me in a way that helps me frame things in particular ways that I normally wouldn't.

Anyways I do think you should go check out tumblr, minicoop. It is a cool environment with many other photographers who support each other. If you do by chance head over there, check out both lensblr-network and Luxlit, they both are kind of a gathering of original photographers throughout tumblr. Very interesting photos.

Have a short look of your Tumblr. Very nice work. This one is my favoriate:
$tumblr_my4fhlCQJv1sizmgho1_500.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back