lizheaemma

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.alipearsonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ya so, I never post any more but i'm going to try....
Anyway, I just got my ipod and I went with a referbished 40g 4th gen and I put all of my music on it and now i'm up to about 2g of tunes and I can't think of what else I want so....
if i might pick your brains...
some idea's

I like things such as talking heads, tubular bells, joni mitchel, ramones,
bad religion, janes addiction, NIN, rev. horton heat, ????

So old school punk to easy to hang out to fun acoustic, I like jazzy things,
fun, I don't get out much or listen to the radio, so if you guy's could help me out with some more artist I'd really appreciate it!

Pennywise, Lagwagon, Social Distortion?
Sometimes I go the opposite way and put on something like Billy Idol, Johnny Cash or Bob Dillan :)

edit:
This thread just made me start thinking about different groups. So here's some more random stuff.

Beastie Boys
Alice in Chains
Henry Rollins
Nirvan
No Doubt
Chili Peppers
Offspring
Nonpoint
Green Day
Trapt
DRI
Exploited
NOFX
MxPx
Vandals
Misfits
Rancid
New Bruises
Dropkick Murphys

If you want more bands of this genre...start here :biggrin:
Click on the tab at the top that says 'bands'...
http://www.punkbands.com/index.php

woodsac said:
Bob Dillan :)

sorry....he's the man so i have to say it's bob dylan. :)

speaking of dylan, josh ritter just put out a new album, good stuff. folky with some brilliant lyrics.

Ever heared of The La's?

they only ever had one album, but it's a little gem

You might like to try The Frames, or the Divine Comedy.

Oh and get some good old classics on there like The Beatles and Bob Dylan etc... that way when people look through your iPod they'll go.... oooooh she's got the beatles.... she's so coool.

you guy's rock!
yep bob is there and I need to get more beatles, thanks for the ideas
keep them comming 34 more gig to fill!

It doesnt all have to be music. why not put something educational on there?
I put a language course on mine and listen to it sometimes while im in work

Or what about audio books and podcasts? A lot of those podcasts are free to download

Meysha said:
You might like to try The Frames, or the Divine Comedy.

Oh and get some good old classics on there like The Beatles and Bob Dylan etc... that way when people look through your iPod they'll go.... oooooh she's got the beatles.... she's so coool.

so i checked them out and i like! any more great idea's
I've got tones of beatles and bob dylan

ok if you liked those bands... then you might want to try Wilco. Their album name is Yankee Hotel Foxtrot.

Micah P Hinson is really good too. Although he's slightly country - I guess a bit like Bob Dylan.

You could try a few more quirky classics like Radiohead ("Ok Computer" and "Amnesiac" or "Kid A" depending on what you like), Portishead and maybe Crowded House.

There's a great aussie band called Augie March and their latest album is called Moo, You Bloody Choir. It's really good, but their first album Sunset Studies is the most popular. They can be a bit rock but they're also very 'arty' because their songs have amazing lyrics.

Now go out into the wild and be free!! hehehe.

If you like Dylan check out some Arlo Guthrie... folksy/bluesy/protest

and if you like punk/new wave, look for some old Boomtown Rats, old Elvis Costello, or Joe Jackson...

Most reactions

Back