Tungsten Slide Film

Mike_Freeze

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have some Fujichrome T64 slide film for tungsten - I have never used this film before. So, a little help please - what is the best use for this film? Can you use a flash with it, or does that just "negate" the whole purpose of the film? 64 ISO seems pretty slow for film used indoors. I bought it just to experiment with, but before I start I would appreciate any experience you may have - should I assume this is going to be tripod-only posed shots, or do I need to be in a really well lit indoor setting to use it, or? Much thanks,

Mike Freeze

It's balanced for 3200K tungsten illumination. If you use flash you would normally use an 85B filter to make it look normal.

Basically, if you shoot it using sunlight it will have a blue cast. I used to use it for wide angle city-scapes (LA) at night without filter, shot from a high vantage point. It gives a neat deep blue effect to the sky. Also sunsets give neat effects with it sometimes.

Welcome to the 1980's!!!! Yeah...ASA 64 was always about working slow, and using a tripod...we're exceeeeeeeeeedingly fortunate these days to be into the 200 to 400 ISO zone with almost no "grain"...Tungsten-balanced color slide film was often used with between two and five, 300- to 500- Watt lamps... Yee-Haw!!! Take me back to old Alabammy!!!

If needed, re-familiarize yourself with the 10-second self-time delay on your camera, and make sure you know where that doggone tripod quick-release plate went to...

Yup, back in the days we had no need for Flash ... we used high wattage bulbs and reflectors.

Also it is used by photographers when taking pictures of building interiors that used tungsten lighting ... no need to use color balancing filters and standard color film.

I have shot Tungsten slide film. It was kodak, which I still have 2 rolls in my fridge. It expired 2008 but has been refridgerated since before then. As I do with all my slide film, I cross process it to get funky color shifts. With the tungsten I shot it outdoors to get a blue effect and cross processing it seemed to make it more blue. I got the look/effect I wanted.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back