HikinMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.imagesinthebackcountry.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
From 1/7/2006....

After a day of playing with the kids in the snow at Badger Pass, I had to take a few photos at the famous "Tunnel View" in Yosemite. El Capitan, Clouds Rest, Half Dome, Bridalveil Falls and Cathedral Rocks are some of the views here.

The NPS has since cut down some of the trees for a "better" view, including the one in the center.

Tunnel View
01-007%20post.jpg

Canon 300D, 17-40mm f/4L

Beautiful.....

I wish I was there with a backpack and a week to kill.

Beautiful.....

I wish I was there with a backpack and a week to kill.

You and me both, except I think my backpacking days are finished I'm afraid.

SPECTACULAR!!!

Like I said, you're GOOD!

Not good, but right place, right time!

BTW, I remember having a tough time getting close enough in my wheelchair. Ice and snow w/o 'snow tires' was kind of difficult. I think my wife had to push too!

Nice to see some truly quality photos on here.
Don't be modest...you know this is the good stuff..:headbang:.
Perfect composition....nothing I would change....and you know I would tell you if there was.
Great job.

Nice to see some truly quality photos on here.
Don't be modest...you know this is the good stuff..:headbang:.
Perfect composition....nothing I would change....and you know I would tell you if there was.
Great job.

LOL I know you would! Would you believe I did re-process this a few years ago into it's current version. I have a 16 x 24 print hanging up on the wall with the original version. Way too dark, but I didn't know Photoshop like I do now. ;)

Ha! It's like me. I made the background for my new 365 project site and it's like, hmm, guess I'll pick this one again...

That is awesome...I absolutely love Yosemite. I only had part of a day to explore it by myself..with a point and shoot olympus camera. I cant wait to get back out there with my SLR one day! This was what I got...nowhere near as good!

4161170627_4981796cd1_o.jpg

amazing capture!!! i love yosemite

definately a beautiful shot! Hikinmike when you comin up to Canada to hike? theres 10 lifetimes worth of hikes in BC alone. its paradise.

Nice shot Mike! Amazing actually... sure you might have been there at the right time but it took a photographer to be able to capture that shot and capture like you did. Plus, it takes a photographer or a lucky tourist to be there at that right time.

definately a beautiful shot! Hikinmike when you comin up to Canada to hike? theres 10 lifetimes worth of hikes in BC alone. its paradise.

I had a friend that went up your way a few years ago. I think he took a week and went backpacking. Unfortunately my days of backpacking are probably done. I can do short hikes though! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back