" TUNNEL VISION, working ?? "

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As I went down this road I liked the way the Maple trees worked as an Umbrella , over the road... I couldn't find a spot to line this up, and then came across this fence.. My first thought was to shoot from center of road, but thought this fence and flowers, added window dressing to the trees..

So is this tunnel effect working/ vertical or horizontal, whats the choice..

All Critique on anything here welcome...

maplelane2copy.jpg

MapleLane.jpg

I personally like the first one better because the flowers are more visible. Maybe you should have gotten a little closer in your second shot.

The first one in terms of lighting and colour is better than the second. The weakness however is that the tullips are slightly too soft in focus.

skieur

Very nice! Love the tunnel vision and the idea is executed greatly!
The second one almost looks like the first one with dead flowers and plants to the right...:) I love the touch of the tulips to the side.

Well for a totally different opinion. Both have all the good composition features you look for but somehow they don't quite seem to hang together for me.

1. Has great foreground with the flowers but somehow they overpower the road which is the interest of the image. The road just seems to hang there as almost an after thought.

So for me the better of the two is the second one with the leading fence line replicating the road. It is high enough in the frame to be the more dominant leading line. The road at least ends in the center of the frame which ties it all together. Somehow though the road seems a little too wide. But in my opinion the second one is the better composition.

Just one more opinion.

My immediate thought on the inclusion of the tulips in the first of the two frames goes exactly with what mysteryscribe is expressing here: the tulips add such a major element to the frame that your intended subject is clearly stepping back. Lovely as they may be.

Other than that, though I feel that a vertical framing is what is being asked for for this photo. So the first in the style of the second, i.e. without the tulips ... :scratch: ... yes. I think so.

The second has better "tunnel effect" but I personally like the first shot better because the flowers add a lot to the composition IMHO.

I like #2 but if you want to feature the "tunnel" effect I think it would be better to leave the side of the road out or at least make it less prominent. As has been stated already the flowers are too dominant to allow for the road to be focused on as the subject.

Hobbit.... hi, thanks for commenting... I still like both, but leaning on the Horizontal myself lol..

Skieur... agree on the somewhat soft, but again, popping sharp might really totally highlight the flowers... Think overall appearance in both photos with lighting is more of a pastel type look..

aammoore... hi!... and as always thanks for your view..yeah I thought tunnel effect was there, but the other window dressing is also required to put some dimension in the photos..

mysteryscribe... I hear ya, and maybe your thoughts on the fence being a leading line is what is drawing me to also prefer this one.. I also prefer the lighting exposure on the trees better in this.. thanks for your view!

LaFoto.........Thanks... The flowers do seem to take over, but the thought of shooting in the middle of the road seemed to cliche , just felt other window dressing required...

Deadeye...... Thanks, I kind of think it all comes together..

jip...... I hear ya!

Thanks Everybody for the comments and critique...!

Ok to carry on the Critique, about the road in the above pics, I add another view of a tunnel effect, minus the window dressings, ( foreground flowers/fence/ lightposts etc...)

This is straight on road shot, with no candy effects, just tunnel effect, guess you could call the foliage window dressing...
so, lets here it.....hmmmmm , this interests me ??

fallrd.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back