Turbo Aero Commander

PhotoriousMe

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday while at work the AME asked if I could do a HDR image of him checking the prop on the Turbo Aero Commander. He asked if I could make it look a little "cartoonish" as he put it. So although lately I've been trying to keep my HDR images as natural as possible I agreed to try to get the effect he wanted.

Birddog with AME.jpg

Yesterday while at work the AME asked if I could do a HDR image of him checking the prop on the Turbo Aero Commander. He asked if I could make it look a little "cartoonish" as he put it. So although lately I've been trying to keep my HDR images as natural as possible I agreed to try to get the effect he wanted.

View attachment 127087
Looks good to me. The preview pic looks well over sharp but when expanded it looks fine.

Great shot to start with makes a good result easier.

I see the standard of pilots uniforms has dropped.

I'm really impressed by the way you use HDR for machinery. I get why you overdid it, but I really like the fact that you let the shadows be shadows, and go very dark. HDR is a method, not a standard to follow. Well done.

View attachment 127087
Looks good to me. The preview pic looks well over sharp but when expanded it looks fine.

Great shot to start with makes a good result easier.

I see the standard of pilots uniforms has dropped.

The guy is the AME (aircraft maintenance mechanic)

Dave

I like everything except the clouds. They are inconsistent across the sky, dark here, light there.

Well, it's definitely got that "classically overcooked HDR" look he was asking for. You could go "full cartoon" and rotoscope it for him.

Most reactions

Back