Turkeys...

mnmcote

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot these in a small snow flurry the other day... It's tough to get great light in November.... I'm still trying to get the hang of proper exposure in snow. And despite that, I was able to walk away with few good shots.. I was able to get in close to the flock without being noticed.. It sure was cool to hear the turkeys chat with each other while feeding.. I was able to watch them for over an hour.. I have to admit I shot a ton on junk tho... Here are a few I liked..
Turkey10.jpg
Turkey20.jpg
Turkey30.jpg

Nice shots. Snow looks good, I think you could pull a little more out of the shadows to lighten the birds. Not sure how close you were but these are cropped a little too tight, I think they would look better with more room around the bird.

I am so not ready for snow :(

These are good, how did you do to get close to them? I see some at home quite regularily, but no way I can get close enough to get a good shot.
The first one is clean and it makes a good contrast on the white background and the feathers are nicely textured, I would be very proud of myself if I'd shot that!

Nice shots. Snow looks good, I think you could pull a little more out of the shadows to lighten the birds. Not sure how close you were but these are cropped a little too tight, I think they would look better with more room around the bird.

I did crop them a lil bit.. I admit, I do tend to think closer on the wildlife shots. Thanks for your thoughts... I'll give 'em another look and play with 'em some more.

These are good, how did you do to get close to them? I see some at home quite regularily, but no way I can get close enough to get a good shot.
The first one is clean and it makes a good contrast on the white background and the feathers are nicely textured, I would be very proud of myself if I'd shot that!

I am lucky enough to have a great vantage point to shoot from behind my house. And on several occasions I've been fortunate enough to see the flock coming from my home which gives me enough time to set up them before they leave the area.. plus... They LOVE the bird feeders in the back yard... :)

I am lucky enough to have a great vantage point to shoot from behind my house. And on several occasions I've been fortunate enough to see the flock coming from my home which gives me enough time to set up them before they leave the area.. plus... They LOVE the bird feeders in the back yard... :)
Ha! the magic word, Bird feeder, well I will leave these to you as my dog would munch on the turkeys if I would try to feed them at home!

Most reactions

Back