tutorial recommendations?

jackieclayton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mominmarianas.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i plan on installing PSE on my desktop, I had it on my laptop but it slowed everything down so i uninstalled it. Its been a while, so i need a refresher and i'd like to improve and learn a lot of these great techniques i see on the board!

Can you recommend a good book, website, or online course that benefited you? I have Scott Kelby PSE6 for Dummies and I found it to be a waste... he spends a whole page discussing a terminator movie poster and i'd like to spend my money on something that doesnt contain fluff.... the book is also mostly 'how to get this look' rather than going over each tool and teach how to use it and when youd want to use it.

I'd love to hear your recommendations!! thanks!!!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
PSE6... hmm... i dunno, I really didn't enjoy reading it at all... maybe it was his style in writing it... i dunno, I just wanted something more straight forward without fluff... I felt he had a lot of that in his book. I ordered it because of all the high reviews... i guess he just didn't appeal to me. I'll check out Philip Andrews and that forum you mentioned too. Thanks for your help!

PSE6... hmm... i dunno, I really didn't enjoy reading it at all... maybe it was his style in writing it... i dunno, I just wanted something more straight forward without fluff... I felt he had a lot of that in his book. I ordered it because of all the high reviews... i guess he just didn't appeal to me. I'll check out Philip Andrews and that forum you mentioned too. Thanks for your help!
Scott's books are just tutorial collections but he sells a lot of 'em.

thanks all! ya, maybe i'll check out his website... perhaps its one of those things I will learn better by watching what he is doing rathr than reading his books. he has a lot of good reviews so like i said, perhaps its my preference.

Mulewings: ya, i've been playing around with it for a year or so and still have so much to learn... i put it off for awhile but would love to pick it back up again... maybe ill try a new learning method though! thanks for the tips!!!

Most reactions

Back