Tutorials: Rave Review?

magkelly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just sat down to watch part of a tutorial from Lynda.com last night, in this case one for Photoshop CS5? I must say I was severely impressed. I've seen a few of the ones Adobe makes for classroom and seminar use. They used to show those sometimes in my classes when I was learning Photoshop and Illustrator, but I'd never seen one of these before and I have to give them a huge thumbs up if this is any example of what they offer.

I actually learned more useful stuff about Adobe Camera Raw in an hour watching this tutorial than I had to date in any book I've read to date on Photoshop. It completely changed my feelings on using Camera Raw versus JPG and showed me some really great new ways to make my photos look a lot better!

There's a bunch of Scott Kelby tutorials I want to check out too as I have always found his books to be extremely helpful, but I think I am going to have to check out what's available at Lynda.com a lot more thoroughly.

It may sound stupid but I've never really paid too much attention to video tutorials like these before. In a classroom kind of situation they kind of bored me so I never really got into them. I never realized how much easier it was to learn off of a video than it can sometimes be using a regular book. Somehow all that info it just processed better for me in video format than it ever did reading a course book.

Anyone else have any suggestions as to who's tutorials might be worth checking out? Not just for Adobe but for more general study related to photography as well? I'd definitely like any info and suggestions you might have to offer.

Thanks!

Most reactions

Back