Twilight again at Aberavon Beach (Image Heavy)

thereyougo!

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Some from close to home with the 645Z and DFA 35. I did intend to go further afield with the weather being reasonably good for a change, but didn't get myself organised in time. Headed to the local beach knowing that high tide was at the same time as sunset...

Twilight in Swansea Bay-6 copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Twilight in Swansea Bay-5 copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Twilight in Swansea Bay-8 copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Twilight in Swansea Bay-9 copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Twilight in Swansea Bay-7 copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Twilight in Swansea Bay-3 copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Twilight in Swansea Bay copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

Twilight in Swansea Bay-2 copy by singingsnapper, on Flickr

I think number 8 is my favorite, but could use some lightening up on the foreground. I like the leading lines along the shore that pull you to the back of the image and the clouds moving almost parallel to the horizon line. It may also benefit from a crop to make the horizon the top third of the photo, eliminating the empty space in the sky.

I think number 8 is my favorite, but could use some lightening up on the foreground. I like the leading lines along the shore that pull you to the back of the image and the clouds moving almost parallel to the horizon line. It may also benefit from a crop to make the horizon the top third of the photo, eliminating the empty space in the sky.

Thanks.

There is a line of magenta lined clouds in the top half of the image. It's quite subtle but there. I'm not a photographer that uses tone mapping to a huge extent to make the image 'pop' in that tone-mapped/HDR way, so it is there but doesn't jump at you, and I suspect Flickr hasn't helped matters. But I can see it here.

This is 40 minutes or more after sunset, so while I have lightened the foreground a little, I don't think it would be correct to lighten it much more. I think too many photographers in their processing try to make twilight look like daytime.

I'm not a photographer that uses tone mapping to a huge extent to make the image 'pop' in that tone-mapped/HDR way, so it is there but doesn't jump at you, and I suspect Flickr hasn't helped matters. But I can see it here.

I think too many photographers in their processing try to make twilight look like daytime.

I have to respectfully disagree, but to each his own. I was suggesting more along the lines up upping the entire exposure of the image not just the shadows. My philosophy on photography is capturing the image that I saw when i was there in person. Most of the time at twilight, the eyes natural dynamic range will perceive what the camera normally sees as a dark area of a photo as much brighter. I wasn't there so I can speak of your photo. Hope its ok, but I took the liberty of slightly editing your photo to what I was talking about. Most people think HDR/tonemapping is a bad thing, but if done the correct way and is not over-processed it should look more natural than a picture as it is closer to what your eye sees.

23608958114_85c420c5be_b.jpg

Well since it was a 156s exposure, to my eyes at the time it was pretty dark.

To me your edit is a little too bright in the foreground and the crop loses the colour in the sky which was the whole reason for taking the shot

Most reactions

Back