Twin Lakes / Clear Creek CO

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I definitely don't think I did much justice to the area. It was absolutely gorgeous! I missed a perfect shot while we were driving because I had my camera packed in the back. :-( It was misty/cloudy/ and gave such incredible definition to the peaks but, by the time we parked the lighting was gone. Live and learn I suppose. I was hoping to catch a sunset, but didn't get many colors the night we were there.

Anyways, Here were my two best shots!
C&C appreciated!

Twin Lakes

19532676039_edd17791e5_c.jpg

Clear Creek
19693082676_6eaf5ea20b_c.jpg

Nicely done. I particularly like the tones in the second, especially in the foreground.

Jake

Nice shots, but I am afraid I can't find the creek in the second one.

I can sympathize with your missing a shot. It used to happen to me until I was watching a webinar with a couple of landscape photographers, Rick Sammon being one of them, and they talked about the "30 second" rule when you are driving around - always have your camera where you can get at it and have it taking pictures in 30 seconds or less. Ever since then I miss very few "unexpected" shots - the one that just creep up on you and then are gone. Thought I would pass this on.

WesternGuy

Wow, those are gorgeous! Nice work!

Nicely done. I particularly like the tones in the second, especially in the foreground.

Jake
Thank you! I wasn't too sure about the foreground in second one, Im glad to hear its not a total miss!

Nice shots, but I am afraid I can't find the creek in the second one.

I can sympathize with your missing a shot. It used to happen to me until I was watching a webinar with a couple of landscape photographers, Rick Sammon being one of them, and they talked about the "30 second" rule when you are driving around - always have your camera where you can get at it and have it taking pictures in 30 seconds or less. Ever since then I miss very few "unexpected" shots - the one that just creep up on you and then are gone. Thought I would pass this on.

WesternGuy
Cant find the creek? Look behind you! ;-) The location is called "Clear Creek Colorado" but you are correct, the creek isn't in this shot, it was behind me. We were trying to set up camp and feed the kids when I snuck away to take this- so there wasn't time to hike for a better view that included the water.

Ill tuck the 30 second rule away for next time. I usually DO leave my camera in the center console for easy access, still not sure why I didn't this time.
Very nice Jazzie!

Thank you, TiredIron!

Wow, those are gorgeous! Nice work!
Thanks! I am glad to hear you enjoyed them.

Most reactions

Back