Twirl

Very fun shot. I like it.

Very cool to capture all the smiles and fun! That will be a great photo to keep for years!

Lots of things captured in the one image - Mother-child bond, happiness, trust, movement... very nice capture. You seem to save some skills in this area - have you considered taking up photography? ;) :hug::

I like this one too!!! I love the happy expressions they both have, and the body positioning is excellent. The background is nice too, and their position on the edge of shaded and more-open light is nifty. The blooming purple bush in the background draws the eye to your little one's foot...which quickly gives the eye a nice scene depth cue, and her legs are almost in a walking position, even though her auntie has her spinning around four feet off the ground!!! So cool. I also like the subtle color harmonies...your sister's shoe soles kind of match her blouse color, which also matches your baby girls's blouse and headband color. I mention your sister's shoe coloration also because it draws attention to a very,very critical thing in photos of people in movement, called "heel lift". Her foot position is a really fundamental visual cue that indicates she is moving...not just flipping her hair or something. The heel lift, plus the hair, and the baby's angle, all seen presented in a very,very subtle silhouette against that manicured, expansive lawn and big, beautiful tree...just filled with win-win-win-win.

Lots of things captured in the one image - Mother-child bond, happiness, trust, movement... very nice capture. You seem to save some skills in this area - have you considered taking up photography? ;) :hug::

Very nice comment, thanks a lot! Kids are only this age for a very short period of time.. It's nice to capture the unbridled joy.

Very nice shot..... fun!

Thanks Mully.

I like this one too!!! I love the happy expressions they both have, and the body positioning is excellent. The background is nice too, and their position on the edge of shaded and more-open light is nifty. The blooming purple bush in the background draws the eye to your little one's foot...which quickly gives the eye a nice scene depth cue, and her legs are almost in a walking position, even though her auntie has her spinning around four feet off the ground!!! So cool. I also like the subtle color harmonies...your sister's shoe soles kind of match her blouse color, which also matches your baby girls's blouse and headband color. I mention your sister's shoe coloration also because it draws attention to a very,very critical thing in photos of people in movement, called "heel lift". Her foot position is a really fundamental visual cue that indicates she is moving...not just flipping her hair or something. The heel lift, plus the hair, and the baby's angle, all seen presented in a very,very subtle silhouette against that manicured, expansive lawn and big, beautiful tree...just filled with win-win-win-win.

Thanks Derrel for the breakdown. Hadn't noticed the color harmonies before you pointed them out. And you're right, heel lift is a great visual cue. I noticed the purple flowers around the foot as well. Ideally there would be no distracting elements, but at least the flower gives a bit of an indication of season. Thanks!

For those interested this was shot at 1/320s, f 2.5, iso 320 and 85mm 1.8

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back