Two B&W from recent studio shoot. NSFW?

cptkid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How do you guys like these two photos ?

Shoot during a quick hour in the studio. Two light setup, beauty dish and hair light with a silver reflector beneath the model.

Both shot 1/200s @ F10 (85mm 1.8)

$sundayhallam (101 of 396)-Edit-Edit copy.jpg
$sundayhallam (175 of 396)-Edit-Edit copy 2.jpg

I'm personally quite happy with the results, and I think the b&w works, however i'd love some c&c ?

I know that you are trying to get that gray look i could tell when i first looked at them, but maybe its just a little toooo gray, just a little. Did you put a white layer over it to achieve that? I like the photos anyway nice poses

I know that you are trying to get that gray look i could tell when i first looked at them, but maybe its just a little toooo gray, just a little. Did you put a white layer over it to achieve that? I like the photos anyway nice poses

I just used a gradient map to change it to b&w and pulled up the black to a dark grey

Not a fan of pose in #2. Good eye contact, but could be a little better with less hair over her right eye. The schrunched-up shoulders and hand hiding part of her face are not doing this shot any favors. Good hair, costume, frame, and light, just the pose I'm not liking.

Also the deep shadows in #4 are a question-mark for me. Just not sure I like them.

80's tastic

The neck wrinkles in #1 kind of spoil it for me; you did better in #3, by hiding the neck wrinkles more in the shadows. Very pretty model. Not sure I really like the light gray look in the first two.

If you want a low contrast look, lighr her that way.. This relatively high ratio lighting together with a "lift the black point in post" look just looks like a printing error. Is this dramatic, or not? Why are you applying High Drama techniques combined with Take Drama Away techniques?

These are all framed much too close for my taste, although I do like the model and the light.

Thank you for all your replies. I will take your notes on board for the next shoot =]

Not a fan of pose in #2. Good eye contact, but could be a little better with less hair over her right eye. The schrunched-up shoulders and hand hiding part of her face are not doing this shot any favors. Good hair, costume, frame, and light, just the pose I'm not liking.
I think it's because we're seeing nubbs rather than fingers. Similarly with #1. Not a fan of the B&W conversion.

Most reactions

Back