Two bugs and a lizard

Silverpenguin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.richardpeters.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I spent the weekend in France at my friends families gite. We had a great time and although I took all my gear along I didn;t take too many photos for myself. I mainly took shots of the gite to go on their site to help promote it as a business.

I did however do some macro work as they had a huge garden full of plants and insects. Two of which I thought I'd share.

No idea what they are so feel free to let me know :)

Loved the colours on this one, he was almost metallic looking!

green-bug.jpg

D2x, Sigma 105 Macro, 1/10 second at f11, ISO 400 (left my flash in the UK annoyingly so had to up the ISO)

This second one was collecting pollen which you can just make out on his legs in the low res version. He was climbing from flower to flower so I thought I'd try to capture his surroundings to show this. On some of the others I have of this fella he back looks like a mask when viewed upside down, very amusing!

flower-bug.jpg

D2x, Sigma 105 Macro, 1/200 second at f5.6, ISO 200

There were also lizards (or Gekos?) everywhere. I took a fair few pics of them, this is one of the ones I liked the most as he head and front foot are sharp then his body and tail snake out of shot in the oof background. He was actually really small but the 200-400 is almost a macro lens it can focus so close (oh and this is a crop too).

lizard.jpg

D2x, 200-400 VR handheld at 400mm, 1/400 second at f5, ISO 400

Thanks for looking :)

Good job on the macros, SP. You really caught the irridescent colours on the first one. The second is my fave...the composition, dof and colours make it a very pleasing image. Good job on the gecko too...nice and sharp.

great pics. Love the first one, great colors on the bug :)
Oh and im pretty sure that isnt a gecko.....havent got a clue what it do is though :er:

Quick google search leads me to think it is a European wall lizard (just guessing I only know California reptiles with any kind of accuracy).

Most reactions

Back