Two for C&C. Egret and Whitetail Deer

UFLGator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The egret has more noise than i would like, but I have yet to purchase software that can eliminate it. The whitetail buck i like. It is without a doubt the best photo I have taken of one. That having been said, What could I do better with editing, crops, or basic composition?

DSC_0093 by UFLGator, on Flickr

DSC_0035 by UFLGator, on Flickr

UFLGator

I am not sure if the rest of the tree adds to the shot of the Egret.
Have you tried cropping to see how it appears to you ?

Same with the Deer, the area behind seems to shift the interest away ... and does not have a purpose.

I do agree with dx about cropping, but just don't crop to much. The patterns and other textures really help make the photo interesting!

I tried not to crop the deer too tightly as it was taken from further away with a 200mm and I didn't want to pixalate it by blowing it up too much. I will try a tighter crop when I get home and see how it compares. As for the egtret, I probably could get rid of more of the tree above it, but I really like the textures on the trunk and branches below him too much to get rid of. To me it seems to draw my attention up the branches. Your mileage may vary though, and thats what I am looking for... opinions.

UFLGator

Very Nice!
I would crop as tight as resolution would allow. But that's me (cropaholic). Two good photos to be proud of for sure.

EDIT---- the more I look at the deer photo the more I like it just as it is. Just like you would see it in the wild.
ditto on the Egret. Don't change a thing. Good Job!

Last edited:
I like #1 as it is. Maybe crop just a bit off the top. The tree adds a lot to the shot. There's a dust donut in the lower left area. Just to the left of the egret's foot it looks almost like paint on the tree... I would edit that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back