Two for C&C

Maggedy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are two of my favorites - but how did I really do?

1034518512_nnWQs-XL.jpg

1032502716_HPcHk-XL-2.jpg

C&C per req:

1. Very nice. Good exposure in what must have been a tough situation. My only serious niggle is the odd shadow on the front of his jacket.

2. Not such a fan of this one; again well executed technically given what must have been very difficult light but I'm seeing a slight blue cast on her dress, a nd there's a tree growing out of the center of his head.

I think they're both strong images, but I definitely prefer #1. Well done!

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

I enjoy these images. The lighting seems llike it could have been possibly tricky, but you managed to get some amazing images. I enjoy the first one, but the 2nd one captures my attention more. The pose is something a little different than just the couple "walking". Also, I prefer the lighting in the image better than the first. :)

#2 is really great. #1 feels a little underexposed to me, but I think you've captured some very beautiful emotion in both of these. Great job!

I love the way the grasses appear to be blowing in the wind in shot #2. I do see the slight blue tinge in her dress, but that could be eliminated in Selective Color in PS. His skin has a slight magenta-ish bias to it, compared with #1, where he looks tanned.

Shot #1...I can see direct late afternoon sunlight striking the front of his suit jacket,and raking across her left arm...BUT, the processing has this rendered much brighter and lighter...I think this shot could also have been rendered darker, with crisper-looking more naturalistic lighting...but, it also looks okay brightened up like this and made more pastel...."lighter-feeling", more "summery"...still looks acceptable to me.

The nice thing about these though is the lenswork--the use of the telephoto lens and its docusing and framing and aperture selection--all very good! The lens used has nice bokeh, both in the way the out of focus foreground is rendered, then a beautifully sharp,crisp depth of field band that fades very rapidly,and very beautifully into a wonderful background bokeh. There are a few lenses that give this same type of rendering on full-length figures: Nikon's 135mm f/2 Defocus Control, Canon's 135 f/2-L, and Nikon's 200mm f/2 VR. This is really nice lenswork, as it is called; the image processing is a bit different between these two frames, and could be minutely tweaked, but the lenswork, that's very,very solid.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back