Two images. Your thoughts?

sapper6fd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was out on Vacation last week. These two shots are my favourite from the bunch I took.

The owl in the first shot (A great grey owl) flew right over my head and landed in a tree about 7 feet to my left. Grabbed the camera and started shooting. No resistance from the owl at all. He didnt budge or mind that I was there.

The second is of a guy that was prospecting with me while on vacation.

$Owl 2.jpg

$Higuy 2.jpg

I like the 2nd picture, I'm in no way an expert but the colors for the 2nd one seem to pop a bit more and I like the greens going on. The first one the colors seem a bit bland, awesome Owl though.

Good pictures!! Very lucky to get the owl one considering it flew towards you at that branch and perched. It's not always easy getting photographs of certain types of wildlife.

Did you edit any of these pictures yet?

Both were shot in RAW and edited in Adobe Lightroom. The owl photo was taken late in the evening so I had to brighten the photo up and push the blues a bit. Noise reduction, and a bit of sharpening (ISO 1200 Nikon D90, no flash). The second photo I cropped and saturated the colours just a tad. Lens correction and a white balance adjustment.

Like the owel shot, though he still looks undersexposed to me. I would try to brighten him a little more in LR.

The 1st picture looks somewhat flat because it's basically back lighted so the Owl is under exposed. Also a crop to loose some of the dead space above the Owl would definitely help.

I like the 2nd picture as it's nicely composed and exposed.

In the first one, the picture is way too blue. & the second is nice; I really like how you got low. Just my opinion :) Good job

Most reactions

Back