Two In One

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I saw two different (and different types) hawks in one day, what luck! I'm not 100% on the identification of the first pic but from all my research it appears to be a juvenile cooper's hawk. Edit: it's actually more than likely to be a red tailed hawk. Beautiful markings! (my first capture of a coopers, YAY! :boogie:) The 2nd hawk is a red shouldered hawk, they're pretty common around here. Both were over 30 meters away (hh) and flew away as soon as they spotted me, which was no more than two frames in for either. I wasn't so lucky in that respect. :048:

100-Juvenile-Coopers-Hawk-cvt-f (2).jpg

309-red-shouldered-hawk-pine-cvt-f (2).jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful shots.

Nice. Not sure of the first one's ID either, but I do like him.

The first look so mean. Always great to bag a new species. Well done.

Thanks and yes, it is great to bag a new one but I may be wrong about the identification of the first hawk. Someone told me it's a red tailed hawk, which was my first guess since the reddish brown tail but the rest of it looked more like a juvenile cooper's hawk. I shouldn't have 2nd guessed myself, it probably is a red tailed. It's a 1st for a red tailed also. :chuncky:

Thanks and yes, it is great to bag a new one but I may be wrong about the identification of the first hawk. Someone told me it's a red tailed hawk, which was my first guess since the reddish brown tail but the rest of it looked more like a juvenile cooper's hawk. I shouldn't have 2nd guessed myself, it probably is a red tailed. It's a 1st for a red tailed also. :chuncky:

I'm not much help with the ID I'm afraid as we get neither across here. Still, quality shots of birds of prey are a great privilege to get.

Birds of prey are always a great subject to shoot, I haven't been able to get one to stay put long enough for me to get a good shot while not in flight. These are very cool. :)

Birds of prey are always a great subject to shoot, I haven't been able to get one to stay put long enough for me to get a good shot while not in flight. These are very cool. :)

Thanks, Jeff and I hope your luck changes with them sitting still for a shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back