Two Old River Bridges

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a pictures of two river bridges in my town. The one in the background is a railroad bridge. The one I am standing on is an old farm vehicle bridge.

Bridgeselectivecolor.jpg

post up your sepia selective color leaf on the bridge. I find that quite nice. The leaf is in focus, the selective color works for me (which I typically don't care for) because the color of the leaf plays rather well with the warm sepia tone. Nice detail on the wood, which also has some nice rhythmic lines leading (suggesting you) to the metal bridge in the back, which is out of focus, but recognizable. And even that has repetition via the reflection in the water. I say it's superb. It has a nice warm cozy fall feel and conveys a nice sense of place.

Thanks so much.

I love the photo but havent you posted this one before. I sware I remember this one. Or maybe one similar?

WOW! I love it too. It is so much better than the rose.lol I like the Post Proc that you did, wonderful job. Makes me want to visit Arkansas.

I love the photo but havent you posted this one before. I sware I remember this one. Or maybe one similar?

Yes I did post this photo once before but it was in color and a bit flat. Periodically I go back through my photos and try to look ar them in a different light. I really liked the way this one came out.

Really nice shot. I like how you can still tell what's in the background a bit too. Keep it up!
TJ

It is a nice shot but I think it would be even better if you had more DOF to show the second bridge in better detail. You shot this @ f4.5, I wonder how it may have looked @ f11.

Thanks for all the compliments

Looks great!
What sort of lense did you use?

I used the kit lens on this shot. 18-105

It is a nice shot but I think it would be even better if you had more DOF to show the second bridge in better detail. You shot this @ f4.5, I wonder how it may have looked @ f11.

I thought about that. I even took a few with the second bridge being the main focal point. But to me this one just looked the best. I wanted the leaf to be the highlight. Too many people take pictures of this bridge and I needed something that set it apart.

V. Nice pic. Great job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back