Two older Canon lenses: EF 35-80mm & EF 75-300

samadi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Canon EOS 500 with two lenses. I'm going traveling in the winter and would like to take a relatively light, compact DSLR with me. I'm a beginner/intermediate to photography. I enjoy taking landscape, some portrait macro and nature photos mostly.

I don't want to spend extra money if I don't have to and add more electronic waste unnecessarily. Especially since I'm still learning about photography.

So my questions are as follows:

Which Canon camera body (current and past) can I pair these lenses with that will give me the best quality photos possible without having to spend too much? say a Rebel SL1, T4i or T5i or another. Even an older camera body is fine with me but they're heavier and bulkier I've noticed.

First lens: Canon zoom lens EF 35-80mm 1:4-5.6 III, 52mm
Second lens: Canon zoom lens EF 75-300 1:4-5.6 II

How old are these lenses exactly? are they any good for the type of photography I like to do (mentioned above)? I can't find any reviews of these lenses online anywhere.
Note: I used to own a Nikon D40 w/18-200mm lens. I was satisfied with this setup.

Would it be wiser to just purchase a newer/used Canon camera and use these lenses or would I be better off just buying a brand new camera with a kit lens? say a Nikon D3300 for example.

Thoughts? suggestions? advice?

Most reactions

Back