Two Parks, Two Seasons

vvcarpio

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Or so it would seem by the leaves on the trees. Central Park is in full autumn swing while Bryant Park is still in late summer mode catching up. They were taken only two days apart so I don't think the difference in days has anything to do with it. Central Park is north of Bryant Park but I don't think its geography, either. Both parks are in NYC and all of NYC is in the northern hemisphere AFAIK. I'm no botanist but I would venture to guess it has to do with the types of trees. Hopefully, that explanation quiets minds I might have unsettled. Thank you for looking.

Central Park.
i27swg.jpg

Bryant Park.
jl2k2o.jpg

Love the one of Central Park!

Agree, Central Park photog's beautiful! Bryant Park is very nice also!
I heard you have snow now? When was this taken?
Only go to NY every couple of years, where are these locations?
Thanks for posting :)
Nancy

Thank you Nevermore1, Nancy.

We only had flurries last night. None stuck to the ground in NYC but the suburbs had white lawns.

The shot of Gapstow Bridge in Central Park is classic -- I remember seeing it in NYC photobooks. But I don't think tourists know how to take the shot. Usually they'll stand on the bridge and take pictures from there, or go to the front on the other side where no skyscrapers will appear in their shot.

The photo is taken from the back fence of the skating rink, the Wollman Rink, so like any "back" of anything -- "back-alley" comes to mind -- the area looks deserted, dirty, and a thing to avoid. No tourist would rightfully contemplate of strolling there where the ground could be mucky. Which is good because then only select photographers like, ahem, me -- and now you -- can take the classic shot from there.

I always scale the metal fence above the pond whenever I'm there with all my gear -- camera, tripod, and backpack -- slung across my body so my hands are free to hold on to the metal bars while my feet tread the narrow ledge to get to the other side. The view there is just as nice.
2re0bis.jpg

Nice pics but the processing is producing some haloing in the sky.

Thank you, Rick, vipgraphx.

2kj6lz.jpg

Most reactions

Back