Two portraits C+C

ChrisedwardsHT

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Denny Graves by HTchris, on Flickr

Denny Graves by HTchris, on Flickr

Shot these last night. Tell me what you think. I was trying to get a solid white background.
I used lastolite hilite bg and 400w calumet lights (fired right and left of subject, one in lastolite )

C+C please.

I see you said you were trying to get a solid white background: I'd just do it in post.

In Photo 2: The upper half of his body looks under exposed to me.

Not bad; a white background is easy enough to acheive, and better done at the time than in post. Here's a suggestion for a modified lighting setup. Leave your key and SB where they are, and fire the second light into the background at one to one point five stops above your key, and replace the second light with a large reflector on the subject's shoulder just out camera range.

With the lastolite, make sure you have the reflector on your light and aim it to the back of the lastolite from inside. Should be able to get almost solid white. The rest is easy to fix in post

tirediron said:
Not bad; a white background is easy enough to acheive, and better done at the time than in post. Here's a suggestion for a modified lighting setup. Leave your key and SB where they are, and fire the second light into the background at one to one point five stops above your key, and replace the second light with a large reflector on the subject's shoulder just out camera range.

Okay thanks for the tip.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back