Two questions

mimartin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.michellesphotographyonline.com
I think that I know the answer to the first one, but I'll check anyways:

Is there anyway to prevent a customer from copying a DVD that you've made for them? It's a .wmv file.

This is my main concern: I did a shoot a couple of weeks ago and when I uploaded the pictures, the resolution looked bad on my computer screen. But, the more I blew the pictures up, the better the resolution got. Can anyone explain this to me? Are their 4x6's going to look horrible while their 11x14's will look great?

We can do things to make it harder for people to extract images, but if they are determined to get them, there is usually a way to do it. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Sometimes images don't look good when they are viewed at zoom levels other than 100%. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the program you are viewing the images with or with your computer's resolution settings. What is the size of the images, in pixels?

Do you resize the images at all after you've uploaded the pictures to the computer?

The resolution is 3872 x 2592 (give or take). When I open the picture in Photoshop, it shows at about 18% or so and looks poor. When I increase it to about 50 or 75% it looks 100 times better. I thought the bigger you blew the picture up the worse it got, not the other way around.

I do crop my pictures. The cropping actually makes them look better. I'm just worried about what they'll look like when they print (4x6, 8x10, 11x14).

The image size is good...so if they look good at 50-100% then the prints should look good as well. I'm guessing that they are just looking pixelated at the smaller magnifications. Maybe it's your monitor resolution :scratch:...I don't know. Maybe your computer/graphics card is having a hard time trying to resolve all that detail. Do you maybe have the magnification set to match the window size?

I would check how they look at 100% magnification and trust that.

Most reactions

Back