Two Self-Portraits

Danimal_Inc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Out of horrible boredom, i came up with a couple ideas for dark self-portraits, and here are the results:

"Killer"

348181671_c4000cc153_o.jpg

this next one is the most disturbing photo i've taken, but it has a humorous side to it which i guess brings out my personality, and i really loved the way it came out

"Forgetting Something?" (The reason for the title is obvious)

348377914_41add34217_o.jpg

critiques and comments are always good

first one is interesting, as it somehow tells a weird story :)
how is it done? merging multiple exposures in PS or how?

the second one.. well the plug is not connected, so it looks not very convincing, giving it a funny touch ;) .. well, but don't try it with the plug connected though ;) .. I myself know how 240 Volts feel, it is no fun ;)

ok, i forgot, in the us you have half the volts .. but still there is the current ...

yes the first shot was done by layering the 3 photos on top of each other and i erased bits of them to bring out the lower layers.

Some people are getting confused with the second photo even though the name of it is "Forgetting Something?" they keep telling me it should look like its plugged in :), but i did it on purpose for a comical/ironic outlook on a terrible and disturbing situation

yes the first shot was done by layering the 3 photos on top of each other and i erased bits of them to bring out the lower layers.

Some people are getting confused with the second photo even though the name of it is "Forgetting Something?" they keep telling me it should look like its plugged in :), but i did it on purpose for a comical/ironic outlook on a terrible and disturbing situation

I understood it man. Some people just aren't that bright.:lol:

Besides, you see how the plug end is a box, thats a circuit breaker. Ive showed this to friends on occasions to freak them out. The moment the hairdryer hits the water, the breaker is activated. I wonder how many people in disress figure that one out,lol.

good job with these...

i really like the second one.... like a scene out of a black comedy.... the guy that tries to kill himself and remembers to do everything but plug it in! (which is why i think the note is important).....

look forward to seeing more creations.... thats what this DS gallery is for ;)

The second one is great! Love the black comical aspect to it. And the facial expression is priceless.

Man, I love both of those. The second one is definately funny in a sick and twisted sort of way. But what the hell, I like sick and twisted sometimes.

It reminds me of the story of the guy in boot camp that tried to commit suicide by tying a buffer cord around his neck and throwing it off the 3rd deck stairwell. The cord was tied too long and the buffer hit the ground before it yanked the private to his death, destroying the buffer and getting the private locked up for destruction of government property. I am not sure if it is a true story. Probably just an urban legend, but slightly funny in a sick and twisted way.

Really diggin that first shot. The idea is right on. The second shot gave me a chuckle. Had some of that comedyhorror all in one shot. Very well done.

Man, I love both of those. The second one is definately funny in a sick and twisted sort of way. But what the hell, I like sick and twisted sometimes.

It reminds me of the story of the guy in boot camp that tried to commit suicide by tying a buffer cord around his neck and throwing it off the 3rd deck stairwell. The cord was tied too long and the buffer hit the ground before it yanked the private to his death, destroying the buffer and getting the private locked up for destruction of government property. I am not sure if it is a true story. Probably just an urban legend, but slightly funny in a sick and twisted way.
The verson i hurd the guy tried to hang him self, and the cord was too long so he broke his legs hitting the ground.
Wes

most electrical appliances have an automatic current interrupter if something like this happens..... you'd be ok to try it plugged in... haha, jk, dont do it, i like the second one though, it makes me smile, its sad and funny all rolled into one! great shots

Most reactions

Back