Two shots of flowers, pls c&c Thank you.

When I wrote to close it down, I meant "narrow your aperture" i.e. give it a higher number. That would put more of the flower in focus.
it was not easy to include more flower as there were only a few in the whole pond. and it will give a very different feeling when there are many flowers in the picture. but that time i chose one as the 'theme'. maybe next time, i have a try with more. thank you again for your C&C.

He's talking about Depth of Field, not flower quantities.
Sometimes it's cool to have very shallow DoF, sometimes it's better to get the whole subject in focus. Your decision really.

oh... i see. :lol:. i always used the largest aperture for flower. i should have a try with more Dof and see the effect. thank you.

Sorry op. I came off rude. I just sigh when I see another flower photo. Can we just find another subject already. How bout an empty bottle, or a large rock... But please no more flowers or bugs! It's all been done before!

ok ok. get your point. thanks for your suggestion.

being rude is being good, especially for C&C.

Sorry op. I came off rude. I just sigh when I see another flower photo. Can we just find another subject already. How bout an empty bottle, or a large rock... But please no more flowers or bugs! It's all been done before!

:roll:

Google turns up 4,810,000 images for "empty bottle".
52,600,000 for "large rock".

If you don't like flower pictures, fine. But if people want to learn how to take better images of flowers, they have every right to post them here whether you like them or not.

If you can get your whole flower in focus, and still blur the background, your on the right track. Sometimes your subject is only a part of the flower, and that's why you'd want to use shallow DoF, to bring attention to only that "interesting" part.

Here's an example from another thread.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...y-fong-diffuser-during-day-4.html#post1726255

that photo is great. i think i need more practice to master this technique: depth of field, deep enough to include the picture, and shallow enough to blur the background.

Most reactions

Back