Two young portraits for C&C

eric-holmes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All were taken in natural lighting with a reflector.

935683269_2dpdS-XL.jpg

935683089_zpqqZ-XL.jpg

These are good, but a little too bright for my taste. One stop? I like the look you caught in the 2nd one. Very inquisitive.

I actually thought I had them too dark in a previous edit so I did some tweaking to them.

Original
935856491_2jYSd-XL.jpg

A newer edit with a darker background. Subject stays the same lightness.
935860510_cxRDc-XL.jpg

Wow, he has very dark eyes! I like the shots, but my only thought is I may have thought about a different colored shirt ... something "closer" to the color of the eyes than white to assist in getting more detail out of the eye. I really like to see an eyevery detailed though so take my words with a grain of salt.

Yes, his eyes are very dark and extremely hard to edit in PP because when I lighten them they come out alien looking. I also like detailed eyes but there just isn't much in his.

That is what I figured. Great job though!

I know I should be offering constructive criticism but I'm just trying to fight the urge to pinch his little cheeks! Oh man.

Thanks for the comments.

What a cutie! In the first image there could definitely be more light in his eyes. What was behind you? Was something blocking the sky (buildings or trees maybe)? When photographing outdoors I always make sure there is a good chunk of open sky behind me... that way there will always be plenty of light in the eyes. :)

There was a big tree line behind me and the sun was beginning to set under those trees.

First two do not look overexposed to me at all...and this crappy work monitor overexposes everything. I can still see detail in his white shirt which is the proof for me and his face looks much better in the first two than the darker edit.

These are very cute by the way and I love them both....but the second is my favorite...I'm not a fan of cutting the tops of people's heads off unless you are "in" a lot closer than the 1st shot....still a cute shot though.

I also agree that his skin looks better in the lighter one.

Most reactions

Back