TX compatability

Viera

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, new here. Does any know if there is any form of compatability with 2.4Ghz transmitters and receivers? I want to fire various makes of flash (Nikon speedlights & YN560 IV) using one controler if possible. The 560 has an in built RX, but doesnt seem to work on any of the channels I have tried when using speedlights and Commander Mode in my Nikons, thanks in advance.
Regards
BV

As far as I know, no, none. At least not by design. Given how crowded that part of the frequency spectrum has become, it wouldn't surprise me all if there was some overlap, and since most of the cheap, MiC stuff from eBay and Amazon is all from one or makers, it might use the same channel allocation, that could work. Your best bet will simply be to buy one transmitter and however many receivers (one per speedlight) you need. The brand of the speedlight doesn't matter, but generally triggers will only talk to their brand of receivers and vice-versa.

it's really annoying the TX doesn't fire 603s.

I modded my 603 to accept triggers form the PC port (so I could trigger using my light meter), but I haven't been able to get the TX to fire the 603 using the 2.5mm jack to the 603's PC.

You essentially have to make a decision to go with one make transceiver and stick with it not matter what flash.

I have Nikon flashes and a Yongnuo
I used a 622-TX as the transceiver and 622N's as the flash base.
All works okay.

I wanted to use the cheaper 603s as the flash base. But it doesn't work that easy as braineck has mentioned. You can experiment all your want .. it's your money. But even the Yongnuo stuff isn't compatible with their other 3 total options.

I wanted to use the cheaper 603s as the flash base. But it doesn't work that easy as braineck has mentioned. You can experiment all your want .. it's your money. But even the Yongnuo stuff isn't compatible with their other 3 total options.

And that's why , while I have the yn 622n set up with the tx, I went with PW. Plus I don't have to worry about it not working with all of my nikon flashes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont have to worry about 622s not working with all my flashes.... elaborate?

I went with the 622 TX and Ns
The only thing I wish it was able to do is 5 groups instead of 3 groups.

i dont have to worry about 622s not working with all my flashes.... elaborate?

Mainly sb800's. If you don't have them, then you are ok but I didn't see the sense of ditching flashes for a wireless flash set up. Sell my flashes and get new ones or just spend the same amount and get the mini and flex set up and not have issues. Plus I like the advanced features of hypersync like the reduced clipping, etc. and other things but I don't want to hijack the thread.

Plus I can get any pw and its all backwards compatible. Vs trying to plug in other kinds of receivers to each other and seeing what works.

why would you have to ditch sb800s to use yn622s?

why would you have to ditch sb800s to use yn622s?

Doesn't work as commander. Also, I had issues with exposures on ttl. Maybe it was just my experience but when I use it with the sb900s - no issue whatsoever.... When I put on the 800, I had some issues, over exposed, under exposed, occasional misfire. When I used the yn560's no issue either but really the main issue was with my sb800's. I should have read the manual before buying them. I do think a big issue is that they don't sit too snug on the yn622's. It seemed like a loose contact but like I mentioned- it made more sense for me to upgrade the wireless system than to switch multiple flashes. I think the grouping on the tx and the ability to control groups on ttl ,manual ,and supersync, and zoom is a strong point so I will hang on to them. You never know. Besides, they are so cheap, no reason to sell them.

Hi all, thank you so very much for all your replies, greatly appreciated. I did think that this might be the case, and even though its not a huge problem regarding the picture content (Barn Owls in flight......hopefully!!!) I will do some research on TX &RX's and then go from there, Help appreciated
Regards
BV

Most reactions

New Topics

Back