Types of film

Aetos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
What are the best (colour and fast) films to use indoors? I've been experimenting with standard Kodak 800-ISO film, but I haven't gotten my prints back so I don't how that worked out.

IMO the only usable color print films are Fugi Reala 100 or Afga 100. Ive never been happy with any film i've used thats over 100 ISO. The Kodak 400 professional stuff is ok.

Film speed is a trade-off. If you wish to use a faster film, you have to accept a final image which is not as sharp as that of a slower film. Just where image degradation becomes unacceptable is a personal choice.

You can use a slower film if you increase the light with a flash unit or other means. You can also use a faster lens, though you'll pay a price in lens cost and depth of focus.

Aetos said:
What are the best (colour and fast) films to use indoors? I've been experimenting with standard Kodak 800-ISO film, but I haven't gotten my prints back so I don't how that worked out.

The answer may be different completely depending on your subject. Are you shooting people? Objects? Animals? What kind of lighting do you plan to use?

modbohemian said:
The answer may be different completely depending on your subject. Are you shooting people? Objects? Animals? What kind of lighting do you plan to use?

Yes, I'll be shooting people. I'll actually be inside the gym, where I'll have no control over the lighting. The ceiling is really high, so even though the lights are pretty bright, I need flash to get decent images.

The only decently fast color print film I've found is Fuji NPH400. I think they changed the name of it to Pro 400H. It works well for portraits, but that's probably the fastest film you'll find that will work. I'd use this film along with a fast lens. Good luck.

Most reactions

Back