Tyranny and Freedom

Lucas_L

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey whats up?

Just joined the forums. Anyway, i need to go out and shoot some photos for some extra Credit in a class.

The Photos need to follow the topic of Tyranny and Freedom.

Any ideas on what i could take a picture of?? I was thinking about heading down to some railroad tracks in the woods behind my house. I figured the tracks and the dying trees would represent tyranny. The trees are completely opressed by mother nature, and the tracks only don't exactly allow you much freedom either.. I really like that idea.

However, i need to think of an idea for the freedom topic. Any suggestions??

This should be a fun first little project with the new D40x!

Go into some desolate place. You didn't say where you're from in your profile but for freedom the first idea that springs into my mind is a wide angle photo of someone in a desolate place. And by wide angle I mean the person being the only person in the picture yet being very small and the focus being on the large country around him.

The beautiful part of creativity is that nobody has the interpretation you have. We could all look at a cactus and photograph it 30 different ways giving it 30 different meanings, but the strongest work will come from your own mind rather than suggestions from us. :)

ha, i know someone would post something like that. The truth is, i love to thing of new crazy ideas. Somtimes, take tonight for example, i just don't have the time to do it. So i thank you for you responses. I was really just looking for something to spark my imagination. I ended up just taking a picture of a flag blowing in the wind. Took the image into Pshop and made it all black and white except for the Red and Blue. :thumbup:

Looks pretty cool.

Thanks a bunch though!

Of course, to some people, red white and blue screams freedom. To others, tyranny. Fitting subject ;)

If you have a friend that is a farmer, who you could talk into letting a cow "apparently" out of the fence (into a paddock or larger enclosure that isn't apparent in the picture is fine) you could do an animal rights themed shot... something that would be likely different than anybody else.

Of course, to some people, red white and blue screams freedom. To others, tyranny. Fitting subject ;)

Great idea! Take one flag shot, print two copies with different titles and you're done. Saved a bit of time there.

P.s. I do not recommend following my advice. :lol:

haha my crazy conservative teacher would hate me!

If you have the computer skills, consider creating the "desolate environment" previously mentioned, on the computer and then photoshop the person into it.

skieur

For Tyranny i say take a picture of G. W. Bush or a bumber sticker promoting him and for freedom take a pic of an open window as in our freedoms have been thrown out the window

but that would just be the first thought that came to my mind

Most reactions

Back