U.S. Marine Corps Logo Leather Wallet

DaPOPO

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
goldshieldphotos.photoreflect.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw this wallet online and decided to purchase it. As a Marine Corps vet it appealed to me.

All were taken with my Nikon D7100, Nikon 50mm 1.8d, and 3 Nikon SB-910 flashes.

Semper Fi Marines!!! Oo-rah!!!

Anyhow, I set up old glory under a piece of glass and lit the box, wallet and flag separately using my flashes with my Magmod grids.

1) 50mm f-8, 1/50, 400
untitled-4570-Edit.jpg

2) 50mm, f-2, 1/800, 100
untitled-4599-Edit.jpg

I like them, but not as much as when I set the wallet on some black acrylic and used my grids and Magmod colored gels to light the background and the wallet..

3) 50mm f-2, 1/1250, 400, Full CTO Orange gel in background.
untitled-4943-Edit.jpg

4) 50mm f-2, 1/1250, 400, Full CTO Orange gel in background.
untitled-4958-Edit.jpg

5) 50mm f-2, 1/1250, 400, cyan gel in background.
untitled-4944-Edit.jpg

6) 50mm f-2, 1/1250, 400, cyan gel in background.
untitled-4954-Edit.jpg

Last edited:
Nicely done. You should sell those shots to the manufacturer.

Great lighting. Really nice set. In #2 it bothers me that the angle of the wallet is opposite the angle of the stripes on the flag. A personal preference for sure but am curious if that was intentional?

Thank you for your service!

Great lighting. Really nice set. In #2 it bothers me that the angle of the wallet is opposite the angle of the stripes on the flag. A personal preference for sure but am curious if that was intentional?

Thank you for your service!
Actually it was. When you take portraits I keep reading about making triangles, so I made triangles with the edge of the wallet, the blue field and a stripe.

Last edited:
Very good product photography!

Semper Fi brother!

Images are great. You've done so much to help the beginner, Not a lot of people willing to share their secrets and experiences with others! Thanks so much and well done...

Most reactions

Back