Uber - Today's #1 WORST Corporation

Actually Uber takes security very seriously. they have the systems and procedures in place to prevent authorities from getting to the data that they want.

Why Uber's hacking scandal is worse than all the others

Whenever possible use Lyft, or some other mode of transportation, instead of Uber .
Cyber attacks and data breaches can happen to any company or agency out there. Sony's PlayStation Network, Microsoft's Xbox Live, Sony Pictures, and iCloud are just a few high profile successful hacks/data breaches. A common theme I noticed between a lot of these companies is that the executives don't give their respective IT departments what they need to do what they ask when they bring it their attention. I cant overstate enough that any company we buy products from or use services from can get hacked, even Lyft. In my opinion the worst company when it comes to data breaches is EQUIFAX. Their data breach affected upto 143 million people. That's almost half of the entire US population.

Cyber attacks and data breaches can happen to any company or agency out there. Sony's PlayStation Network, Microsoft's Xbox Live, Sony Pictures, and iCloud are just a few high profile successful hacks/data breaches.
Correction: Apple's iCloud was never "hacked." Individual accounts were compromised, either as a result of poor password practices or discipline, or from social engineering.

I cant overstate enough that any company we buy products from or use services from can get hacked, even Lyft.
True. No network security administrator worth his or her salt ever assumes their network is "safe" or "unhackable."

In my opinion the worst company when it comes to data breaches is EQUIFAX. Their data breach affected upto 143 million people. That's almost half of the entire US population.
One of the worst, certainly. But the The $30 billion Social Security hack was very bad, too.

Cyber attacks and data breaches can happen to any company or agency out there. Sony's PlayStation Network, Microsoft's Xbox Live, Sony Pictures, and iCloud are just a few high profile successful hacks/data breaches.
Correction: Apple's iCloud was never "hacked." Individual accounts were compromised, either as a result of poor password practices or discipline, or from social engineering.

I cant overstate enough that any company we buy products from or use services from can get hacked, even Lyft.
True. No network security administrator worth his or her salt ever assumes their network is "safe" or "unhackable."

In my opinion the worst company when it comes to data breaches is EQUIFAX. Their data breach affected upto 143 million people. That's almost half of the entire US population.
One of the worst, certainly. But the The $30 billion Social Security hack was very bad, too.
Its not surprising that the iCloud thing was mostly do to bad password practices. It reminds me of when someone says they were hacked but they say that because they were doing things they weren't supposed to, are ashamed of, or they simply forgot their password. The thing that bugs me the blatant naivety of people who defend the companies they purchase goods or services from don't realize( or refuse to) that the company that are defending can and most probably will have the same problem in the future. The reason I put Equifax as the worst company was not only due to the hack but also because of their handling of the aftermath. When the information went public they had a form on their site where you entered you information to see if you were affected and on their site they had one of those agreements posted in fine fine print underneath it. that said if you check on that page you give up your rights to sue them for any damages due to the data breach. So my identity comes up on the dark web or somewhere else, I am screwed unless a court shoots down that contract. The government getting hacked is a whole nother issue entirely and one that can be worse than any of these companies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back